HonorVet.org is a registered 501(c)(3) Non-Profit, Non-Partisan Organization
To help Veterans to thrive in their lives after military service, with a holistic approach addressing employment & careers, mental, emotional and spiritual needs, and health & wellness.
According to a Harvard Medical School professor, "The rate of major depression is five times as high among soldiers as civilians, intermittent explosive disorder six times as high, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) nearly 15 times as high."
- 22 veterans a day die from suicide
- 265 active duty service members took their own life in 2015
- More than 60 percent of Service Members report receiving some kind of mental health care since returning from Iraq or Afghanistan. More than 5 percent of recently returning Service Members showed signs of significant mental health problems.
- Even more alarming, when these same Service Members were reevaluated 3-6 months later, up to 40 percent exhibited signs of severe emotional distress.
Many feel ashamed or worry it could adversely affect other areas of their lives to try and find assistance. Furthermore, others live in smaller communities not equipped to provide specialized services. HonorVet.org is a safe, private and confidential place to turn for help no matter when, where or how Veterans, Service Members and their loved ones need a hand.
HonorVet.org today is focused and actively working on employment & careers and mental health care services, as we work to build and realize our broader vision
HonorVet.org's vision is to build a Next Generation Community for Veterans, creating a safe and trusted environment for Veterans, Service Members and their loved ones by making available an array of services dedicated to enhancing their overall well-being. We are working with experts in a variety of fields to design, plan and then develop custom support systems, leverage existing resources, and organize information across a wide spectrum so that our members have a one-stop shop of support, benefits and friendship that address what we call the 4 Quadrants of Success:
- Employment & Career
- Mental & Emotional Health
- Spiritual Needs
- Health & Welness